How the SgEC works
Exploring innovative ideas and developing sustainable energy solutions to overcome the global energy challenges of the future.
SgEC provides a rich platform of resources and members to resolve basic science questions (core research) while facilitating a Master Research Agreement for proprietary member-directed research.
- Research areas defined by the SgEC.
- Research to address fundamental science and engineering questions
Member-Directed Research Projects
- Research areas defined by individual industry members.
- Proprietary research with partners.
Member Driven – Specific Research Projects
Early co-development in the dedicate interested areas of the members
Member Driven – Core Projects
Funding members can decide to co-fund core projects selected by Science and Technological Board (STB) through cost sharing and leverage co-development efforts
Industry, SMES, Start-ups Academia Network
Energy conferences, symposium and network meeting with network partners
Includes usage of equipment, infrastructure, specific research and engineering services on demand & administration of SgEC.
- Pooled to run the SgEC programme office
Core Projects (20%)
- Research Topics defined by the SgEC in consultation with members.
- Basic Research to address fundamental technological limitations.
Member-Directed Research Projects (70%)
- Research Topics/Projects defined by individual industry member
- Proprietary research with researcher performers